Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Goruck Event #2 Around the Corner and Scared

My next Goruck event is around the corner. It has been 6 months since my last one. I am in better shape and lost a bit more weight yet..............

I am scared.

The group will be huge as it is a memorial event for September 11th and I am very sure I can hide pretty well in a group (kind of like I did at my first one). There is a posibility that a mission buddy and a family member will be there with me with another friend shadowing the group. I know I can do it. I have done it before yet........

I am scared.

I hate the unknown. New cadre means different experience. New location means different challenges. Different people means different group chemistry. Different means I don't know what to expect. I literally wish I had the ability to turn off my brain, the doubt, the scared, the doubt and just do what I need to do. No ones life depends on how well I do. All I need is the ability to walk away from the event knowing I did my best and not being hurt. Yet.....

I am scared.

I guess it doesn't really matter honestly. I am going to do it anyways. I may just pee my pants in the process.


Expect me to be more scared in November. 12 hour event is harder than a 5-7 hour event.

No comments: