- Be a registered Varsity Scout team member.
- While a team member, actively participate in or accomplish at least one high-adventure/sports pin to the satisfaction of the Varsity Scout Coach.
- Have an attendance record at team meetings and activities of at least 75 percent for three consecutive months.
- Satisfy the Varsity Scout Coach that you know and live by the Scout Oath and Law.
(Earning the Varsity Letter is a prerequisite to this award.)
- Be registered as a Varsity Scout Team member.
- Advance one rank toward Eagle. If you are already an Eagle Scout, earn a Palm.
- Hold leadership positions in a Varsity Scout Team for at least six months.
- While serving as Team Captain or a Program Manager, act as primary leader on at least two activities. Program Managers should choose activities in their field of emphasis. Team Captains may be primary leaders of activities in any of the five fields of emphasis.
- While serving as a Program Manager or Team Captain, demonstrate shared leadership skills by participating in supportive roles in each of the three remaining three fields of emphasis.
- Satisfy the Team Captain that you know and live by the Varsity Scout Pledge.
a progress review.
There are no specific, set requirements for the Varsity Activity Pins as the boy leaders in the Team (Captain, co-Captain and Program Manager) set these requirements each time they plan an activity. High adventure activities are planned by the Team in advance with the focus on earning Activity Pins. Earning the pin should take effort and include training. One game of basketball does not earn a pin. Three months as part of a team might depending on the pre-established requirements made by the Team youth leader. Pins are worn on the letter.
Rock Climbing and Rappelling