Thursday, June 18, 2015

Make everything a learning experience

This has been an interesting week. Very interesting. I don't want to elaborate here or now but I have tried to figure out what I can learn from this challenging experience. I will be honest, I don't have a lot of answers but I do have some. And I am grateful for the answers I have. So this is what I have learned:
  • Friends, especially mine, are crazy ridiculous awesome. From friends who treat me like family, their in-laws who treat me like I am their son, crazy awesome baked goods that remind me of home, supportive biological family who offered to drive up to support me and just listening ears all over the place.
  • Patience. I think I will stop praying for it. I got hammered with something difficult to deal with and for the first time in a long time, there was peace. I was still concerned and still slightly frustrated but there was still peace. I have not slept well but I am still trying to keep my spirit and emotions in super-check to make sure I can do what is best. I have often wondered how mental tough I am. This week I think I have confirmed I am a bit more mentally tough than I thought. I still have moments and I will still get knocked down but I will get back up. I may stay down to catch my breath.
  • Blessings. I wish my Dad could have been here to give me a blessing but I had two awesome substitutes to help give me a blessing. I knew what the blessing was going to tell me but I asked for one any way. I was told exactly what I needed to know and exactly what I already knew. Not too often have I known what was going to be said. I am glad I received one and I hope that the people the blessing mentioned receive the help they need.
  • This is going to sound weird but I am grateful for honesty. There hasn't been a lot recently and some things have been said that I am not sure where they came from but I am very sure the truth will prevail. It stinks that some think these lies are the truth especially about my family. Soon it will be squashed. 
  • I love my kids. A lot.
I have a lot to be grateful for even though I feel like I am in fire. One of my sisters said I am running a marathon...... Oh man is she right. Hopefully soon I will feel like I am only running a 5K.

It could always be worse.

I  am still a pretty big guy so I am sure I bounce like a rubber ball.

No comments: