Friday, May 2, 2014

My Scouting Legacy...........

I started this post a bunch of times.  Like a million times!!  I know what I want to say.....I think........I think but I don't know how to put it into a post.

My biggest concern as a leader is someone coming to me later and saying "You should have done this to help me" or "You had no clue what you were doing and that hindered me".  I can see clearly that two leaders who served before I did who lost two boys records and they did not achieve Eagle because of it.  I hold myself to a much higher standard than I do anyone else.  I mean really high almost to a fault.  I wish I were perfect.

So, what has been my Scouting legacy?

I am fully trained.  I look for further opportunities to be trained.  It is only through training that I reach my full potential.

I am training my boys to lead.  It is hard at time when they don't show up but I am sure trying to turn the program over to them.

I am leaving a legacy.


No comments: