Monday, September 2, 2013

Legacy attempt failure........Let a boy tell you how it is.

I have attempted, horribly, in this blog to discuss what I feel like my legacy is in calling as Varsity Coach.  I have struggled at times knowing that I am doing the right thing for my boys.  Sometimes I have felt like a complete and total failure and other times I wanna rip off my shirt and scream "WAHOO"!

This week I received a return letter that has been 18 months in the waiting.  18 months ago I wrote this missionary a letter with cash inside telling him the more letters I got, the more cash he would get.  He also waited to the last minute to earn his Eagle.  One and a half years later I got a return letter.  I don't share to brag.  I just share to those, like me, who might think that they are not making a difference might actually be making a significant difference.
Life going great.  I've learned a ton and I'm super excited for the future.........
Thanks for everything!  You were the best youth leader I ever had and are one of my best friends.  You are the man and you've been a force for so much good in your little corner of the Garden.  You're a great example and you have made a huge difference in my life.
Enough said.  Any attempt in the future by me discussing my legacy except when I am not longer the Varsity Coach should just be quickly referred to this post.  Tell me to shut my face and stop worrying.
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. —Lao Tzu

No comments: