Thursday, May 10, 2012

Burn Out - Part II

I think I am past the desire to be released as a Scout leader.  Granted I still feel alone even with a new leader.

Recently the Scout leaders and our families had a dinner date.  We ate and watched Follow Me Boys.  It was a great reminder what Scouting is about - the boys.  It doesn't matter what my frustration level is due to leaders.  I need to focus on the boys more.  To be honest, I will never get the parade that Lem got.  Ever.  It would be great though if I had parents and Church leaders telling me I did a good job when I am not telling them I want to be done with Scouting.  I think I am a pretty humble guy but apparently not enough.  I like to know I am doing a good job.  (My promise is that if I ever serve in a leadership position at Church, I will show my gratitude for my youth leaders/ministers/Scout leaders.)


As I sat at Wood Badge during a presentation about change, I again realized how much I hate change.  I am not ready for it and I sure as heck don't like it when it happens.  Especially when I feel like I am told I am "such a good leader" that having a new leader won't effect me.  That is not true at all!  I need help just like the next guy no matter how good (or bad) I am.  And I need to be more willing to live through change.  I am so for thinking outside the box yet I don't understand why I hate change so much.

From this I have decided to do a 360 Assessment.  I am sure feedback will be limited but my hope is that maybe I can gain something from it.  I know I don't know it all.  Maybe this will give me some insight.

No comments: