Thursday, October 13, 2011

Varsity Scout Board of Reviews

There has been a change in the advancement protocol for Varsity Scouts who are working on ranks through Life Scouts.  From the new handbook it states:

8.0.2.0 For a Varsity Scout team, the committee member responsible for advancement, the advancement program manager (youth), and the coach serve on the board.

This is an interesting change involving the boy lead program to further lead the program.  I like this idea a lot!  The only problem is most boys I get into my Team are already Life Scouts.  In fact, all of the Troop's Scouts just completed their last requirement for Life last night.  So I won't get the chance to use this new advancement directive yet.  Darn!

I wonder if soon the Troop will be involving the Senior Patrol Leader in Boards of Review.  Again, I think it is a great idea!

No comments: