Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eagle at 32?

I met with a man yesterday who I learned about from one of the Scout leaders in my ward. The leader had told me the boy had completed everything for Eagle but had not been given an Eagle Board of Review due to the District Advancement Committee member. I asked him to bring all of his paperwork for me to look at. He has copies of all his advancement cards, merit badge cards and his Eagle Scout Project packet all filled out. It looks like he was never granted an Eagle Board of Review because the Advancement Board member was "fired" for not doing a great job. His parents were divorcing at the time and his step-mother took his paperwork that was mailed back from the removed Advancement Board member and put on a shelf and didn't let him know it came back (he then lived with his mother).

I am looking into the process of what can be done for this young man so he can  finally receive his Eagle. I think with all the paperwork he has, he has one heck of a chance.

No comments: