Friday, June 24, 2011

My Shell

My wife's name is Michelle.  When dating, I just shortened it to Shell.  There is no need to waste air on using her whole name when you are making out with her.  We blended a family of 5 (3 from me and 2 from her) when we married.  Shortly after marriage we were sealed after having to deal with the paperwork to be sealed together (we had been dealing with it 9 months before we were married and it took a total of 25 months to get the OK).  That was a trying process.  I probably wouldn't have stuck by my own side let alone expect a woman to stick with me through that torturous process.

Early Wednesday morning I thanked her again for allowing me to be a part of the Scouting movement and allowing me so much time away from the family and my full and two part time job.  She said "I think it makes you a better man serving in Scouting."  This is one of the reasons I love my wife and why she is a such a great woman.

No comments: