- Don't limit those we serve. Don't tell them what they can do and what they can't. You will be surprised what they can do when you expect great things!
- We should grow just like those we serve grow.
- We should never assume those we serve can or can't do something.
- Those with "disabilities" are resources and can do many and great things!
- Encourage the heck out of those you serve.
- Don't ask those you serve to do anything you can't or wouldn't be willing to do!
- Love those you serve!
- Love those you serve!!
- Love those you serve!!! (If you don't love them, find a way to love them!)
|Staff and participant water bottles.|
I served as an assistant quartermaster on Wood Badge 117. I know everyone works hard but I have never been so tired on a course ever. Not even as a Troop Guide. The kitchen is no joke. The food was ridiculously good even if I say so myself. I made close to 100 pounds of Dr Pepper pulled pork. It was so good.
|Wood Badge and Goruck go together.|
|Kathy and I in the kitchen.|
|Is that Lord Baden Powell?|
|Dr Pepper Pulled Pork. Oh ya.....|
|Digging flag pole holes in the mud.|
|Flag poles complete!!|
You will hear more from me on Wood Badge soon. I want interviewed for a buddy's blog about who I am as a Dad and Wood Badge came up.