Tuesday, December 10, 2013

10 Ways Your First Backpacking Trip Will Change Your Life Forever - Backpacking Magazine

I subscribe to Backpacker magazine.  The reason I do is because I stink at backpacking.  It isn't a skill I did a lot of as a Scout and with Texas being flat, there isn't a lot of places to do it to where it is "worth*" it.  I read the article named above and found when I do go hiking/backpacking these are the things I love.  This article starts on page 70.

10 Ways Your First Backpacking Trip Will Change Your Life Forever because you will:
  1. Feel like a kid.
  2. Live simply.
  3. Find it's never too late to learn something new.
  4. Learn how to pee outside. :)
  5. Make new friends.
  6. Expand your horizons.
  7. Discover the worlds most refreshing drink.
  8. Save money on vacations (that is debatable especially one what kind of equipment you are carrying!!)
  9. Set new goals.
  10. Discover you really do have what is takes.
* By worth it, we don't have inspiring views here because Texas is flat.  And mountains are pretty far off.  So for an LDS unit who can only camp for 24 hours, it is an issue with travel time.  Though our units try and do extended trips during school holidays.

No comments: