Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 11th

September 11th has kind of appeared to me this year without me remembering how close it was.  I don't want to say much because I still have very strong feelings about the time, our military and our government.  My dad spent 27 years in the military and I grew up on many, many, many military bases.  Let me say this though:

  • My kids will have to worry about things I never had to worry about.
  • My desire to travel outside the US is almost gone.
  • Our government needs our help - stand up for what you believe in even if it is different than what I believe in.  Courteous discussion about the different beliefs is needed.  If you have to yell, I don't need to listen to you and I won't listen to you.  We need a Captain Moroni!
  • Lets just be civil to one another.
I wanted to put a video tribute up for people to watch but it appears that everything has cursing, pictures of people jumping from the Towers and video of the planes hitting the Towers.  While I know these images very well, I think we need to remember the positive that came from this.  




So my tribute to those who served on September 11th and those we lost over the years is I will fly my flags in remembrance of you.


No comments: