Monday, April 1, 2013

Are You Tougher Than a Boy Scout?

Anyone have any feelings on the TV series Are You Tougher Than a Boy Scout?

The adults they pick seem more concerned about winning than showing Scout Spirit or helping each other.  I mean, they are kind of in a catch-22 but I find it hard to watch at times because these adults totally miss the whole point of Scouting.  First episode the adults fought, argued and tore each other down verbally.

Not very Scouty.

The Scouts on the other hand are champs.  Love them.

2 comments:

Eric the Half-bee said...

I think that's a main point - to contrast worldly values with Scouting's higher road. But I'm on rabbit ears, so I haven't actually seen it.

Fishgutts said...

I may have missed that point but from that perspective, they are making the point strong. I would love those Scouts in my units. And they all have really good nicknames.