Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tough Mudder - A final goodbye

Texas is hot.  Really hot.  And when I signed up for Tough Mudder I thought October was going to be its typical hot and humid heat like most Halloweens where I am dying of heat and humidity.


But this Saturday the weather is going to be changing where I am at.............

Now I served my mission in Alaska.  The day I got to Fairbanks it was -60 degrees.  And 5 months later when I left it was 103 degrees.  And I love cold weather!!!!  And I have lived in the desert with the hot heat.  And I have lived now in Texas longer than anywhere where it is a hot and humid.

But this weekend the weather is going to drop 30 degrees in 48 hours.  And it is supposed to rain all day.  So I am cursing my Scout's parent that even gave me this crazy idea and I am hating life right now.  I guess it is better to be mentally prepared for this hellish event than going in with thinking it is going to be rainbows and unicorns.

Click here if you want to see the hell I will be enduring.

I showed my wife the map and this is what she said via email to me:
To be very honest, I'm kinda worried about you doing this!   I'm not really worried about the money (medical bills) so much as I am about YOU!!  This is the longest race you have ever done AND it has tons of obstacles!!  I KNOW you can do it, but I'm still just scared.  That is one reason I want to be there with you, in case you get hurt or anything then I can take care of you!
Time doesn't matter in this race.  Only finishing does.

If I die, who wants my blog??


No comments: