- What is Varsity Scouting? – Differences between Troop, Team and Crew – Basic class on what Varsity Scouting is and how it works. Basic class.
- History of Varsity Scouting –
- Varsity Leader Specific Training (all day class – 3 2-hour sessions) – Break Varsity Leader Specific into three classes. The training is already broken into 3 sessions listed below.
- Session One: Setting Out – The Role of the Varsity Coach
- Course Overview through Team Organization
- Team Meetings through Team Leader’s Meetings
- Session Two: Mountaintop Challenge: The Outdoors/Sports Program and Advancement Program
- The Sizzle of the Outdoor Program through Nuts and Bolts of the Outdoor Program
- Outdoor Program Squad/Group Activity through Advancement
- Session Three: Pathways to Success – Program Planning and Team Administration
- Program Planning through Paperwork
- Finances through Other Training Opportunities
- Utilizing the Varsity Committee & Varsity Scout Parents –
- How to Plan a Varsity High Adventure – Ideas on planning Varsity Team’s High Adventure.
- Varsity Scouting for the “Real World” – Actual application of the Varsity Program in units. Less text book, more hands on and experience led discussion on how the Team works.
- Mountain Man Events –
- Varsity Annual Calendar Based on the Five Fields of Emphasis (Advancement, High Adventure, Personal Development, Service, and Special Programs) –
- How to use a Varsity Program Manager –
Sunday, August 5, 2012
University of Scouting 2013
The time has come for final selection of classes for the University of Scouting 2013. Here is the final selection on classes: