Some of my thoughts about weekend #1:
- Many people need to know what we are doing and why before and when we are doing it. I wonder if this is a control issue because I suffer from this too.
- Sleep and food overcome some forms of stress.
- Some of the "secrecy" of Wood Badge is required. Some is not.
- I will and have learned more than the participants.
- People come to Wood Badge for a host of many reasons.
- Sometimes "forcing" people to figure out what they are learning is better than telling them what they "should" have learned. Let them define their own experience. One experience means many things to many people.
- Scout leaders come in many shapes and sizes. That is the greatness that is Wood Badge.
- Some give all to the Scouting program.
- Many people will not toot their own horn but with a little arm twisting you can find out that there are heroes wearing Scout uniforms.