Monday, January 30, 2012

Who pays???

I still have an issue with the way things work when it comes to money.   Apparently this may be a Church issue and not a BSA issue.

My wife was asked to cook at Girls Camp for 2 days. For these two days she is being charged $65. This makes no sense to me. She is doing a service for the Stake and yet this service comes at a price for her. $65 for two days worth of food means that she better be serving herself steak. Last year the YWP asked us to drive up and drive back. We asked them for reimbursement for $200 in gas and the YWP never made a decision on if they were going to pay us. Instead of pressing the issue and making friends enemies, my wife told me to not bring it
up again. So my daughter paid for her YWP camp and we paid to take 6 additional girls up for free.

Now my BSA connection.

When my boys choose a High Adventure or when the Scouts go to Scout Camp, two adults are required to be there with them at all times for 2-deep leadership. My calling is to be there with them. Yet then I am charged to do my calling.

So our Scouting callings not only hit our time with our families but our pocket books. Am I being a whinny little brat over this?

No comments: