Friday, September 2, 2011

Merit Badge Marathon

A long time ago, in a universe far from here I couldn't sleep.  I was worried about getting my boys to Eagle because they lacked merit badges.  So I created an idea called a Merit Badge Marathon (some might call it a Merit Badge College).  I changed the name to re-brand it.  I wanted the boys to know it wasn't a "come and done" activity for merit badges.  Homework was passed out before and after to make sure they did their work.  There was interaction with the merit badge counselor outside of the class.  Our Stake has taken this idea and assigned each ward to run one of these quarterly.  They also changed the name to a Merit Badge College.  I have been involved in most of them.  Hopefully this is some sort of legacy that will get me some kind of award ~ because that is the only reason I am in Scouting ~ PATCHES AND AWARDS!!  This was an idea before Wood Badge and then I wrote a guide on how to run one as a ticket item.

My manual is here.  If the link doesn't work, all you gotta do is ask me.
My model for registration is here.
Merit Badge Counselor application is here.
Merit Badge Counselor help is here

Also, I don't keep anything on DropBox that I don't want others to see. 

No comments: